Welcome to Day 3 of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Countdown. Today’s Sugar Cookie recipe is not just any sugar cookie, they are literally the ‘best rolled sugar cookies’ that you will ever taste, and it comes to us courtesy of Jill Saunders, from allrecipes.com.
Jill’s advice to you is to make sure you bring a copy of this recipe because as she says “You will be asked for it, I promise!
Best Rolled Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
NOTE: I make icing with confectioners’ sugar and milk. I make it fairly thin, as I ‘paint’ the icing on the cookies with a pastry brush. Thin enough to spread easily but not so thin that it just makes your cookies wet and runs off.”
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 11/29/2017
Don’t miss out ~ be sure to subscribe with your email address to receive your 12 Days Of Christmas Cookie Recipes directly into your inbox!