Thank you for joining us for Day 4 of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Countdown. Today we have an added celebration because it is also National Cookie Day!
And because we are also celebrating National Cookie Day I thought why not also celebrate America’s Number One Voted Favorite ~ Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Today I chose a recipe courtesy of ELIZABETHBH from allrecipes.com who calls this her “Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie, the kind you would see at your specialty shops and bakeries, these cookies are the pinnacle of perfection!”
Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 11/30/2017
Don’t miss out ~ be sure to subscribe with your email address to receive your 12 Days Of Christmas Cookie Recipes directly into your inbox!