We are just 12 days away from Christmas Day and Day 7 of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Countdown, leaving plenty of time for your holiday baking and cookie exchange!
Today’s deliciously fun recipe is called Brookies, and for those of you who are thinking Brookie? What’s a Brookie? Well you are in for an ingenious holiday surprise.
Melanie B is the creator of this two in one combo and says, “A co-worker couldn’t decide on her favorite for her birthday treat, brownies or chocolate chip cookies, so she said I should just pick one. On the way home I thought this up and couldn’t find it on allrecipes so I created it. These go quickly; I usually make a double batch in a jelly roll pan.”
- Cookie Layer:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Brownie Layer:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat softened butter, light brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a large bowl until creamy. Add 1 egg; beat until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture until dough is combined. Stir chocolate chips into dough. Spread dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to cover completely.
- Stir 1 cup white sugar, melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl; add 2 eggs and beat well. Mix cocoa powder into butter mixture until well-combined. Stir 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt into cocoa mixture until batter is combined. Pour brownie batter over cookie dough and spread to cover completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brookies comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 12/20/2017
Don’t miss out ~ be sure to subscribe with your email address to receive your 12 Days Of Christmas Cookie Recipes directly into your inbox!