This is Day 11 of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Countdown and we are making your holiday baking easier as Christmas Day gets closer with our No Bake Salted Caramel Macaroon cookie recipe courtesy of lifeloveandsugar.
If you love coconut and chocolate this is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. These also make a perfect last minute hostess gift with your homemade touch!
NO BAKE SALTED CARAMEL COCONUT MACAROONS
yield: 24 COOKIES
3 tbsp (45ml) milk
6 tbsp (84g) salted butter
11 oz bag Kraft caramels*, wrappers removed
4-5 cups (288g-360g) shredded sweetened coconut
4 oz melting chocolate, such as almond bark
1. Add the milk, butter and caramels to a large pot set over medium heat. Allow everything to melt, stirring often so that the mixture doesn’t boil.
2. When the caramel is melted and smooth, add the coconut, starting with 4 cups. Mix together until the coconut is well coated with caramel. Add additional coconut as needed so that the coconut is all well covered, but not too “wet” or the final cookies will end up gooey.
3. Scoop out spoonfuls of about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture onto parchment paper, or another nonstick paper.
4. Allow to cool completely.
5. In a small bowl, melt the chocolate according to the package directions.
6. Dip the bottoms of each macaroon into the chocolate, then set back onto the parchment paper to dry. Drizzle with some additional chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt.
7. Allow cookies to firm completely, then serve. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
* Should be 40 caramels.
Don’t miss out ~ be sure to subscribe with your email address to receive your 12 Days Of Christmas Cookie Recipes directly into your inbox!