Today we are celebrating International Left Handers Day with some interesting fun facts.
Chances are we all know someone who is left handed, but have you ever wondered about the differences (besides the obvious) between right and left handed people?
Did you know…
- Men are more likely to be left-handed.
- Mothers over 40 are shown to be twice as likely to have a left-handed baby.
- Research has shown that lefties have been known to reach puberty 4-6 months later than righties.
- That approximately 10 percent of the world’s population is thought to be left-handed. That’s almost 700 million total lefties around the world.
- Left-handed individuals appear to be better at math because they tend to use the right side of their brains more, while right-handed people appear to be better at tasks that include language.
If you happen to be a left-hander you can take heart in celebrating this day by impressing your family and friends with the 18 Advantages Of Being Left-Handed.
Happy International Left Handers Day!
Please be sure to subscribe with your email address to receive each new daily/weekly posts directly into your inbox… And don’t forget to Like our Facebook page, and click Share because ~ ‘There’s always a reason to celebrate with ‘iHolidays!’