Calling all dog lovers… Is there anything sweeter and more exciting than the hugs, loving licks, (otherwise known as doggy kisses), and wagging tails of a puppy? Well get ready for cuteness overload because tomorrow, March 23 we are celebrating National Puppy Day!
National Puppy Day was created in 2006 by America’s leading Pet Lifestyle Expert, Animal Behaviorist, and Author Coleen Paige, as a way to educate and bring awareness to putting an end to the inhumane and cruel horrors of puppy mills across the country.
Her hope is to have us “celebrate the magic and unconditional love that puppies bring to our lives” by shining a light on the orphaned pups in your own local shelters that are waiting for their forever home.
Looking for special ways to show your furry family member(s) some love today? It’s as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Throw a Puppy Party – Celebrate National Puppy Day by inviting your “like-minded friends” along with their fur babies for a day of fun and frolicking and treats and toys.
2. Bake your puppy a cake! And why not? Every party must have a cake, and this Spoiled Dog Cake Recipe will have them howling for “more please!”
3. Take pictures, lots of pictures and share them on our Facebook Page! Create your own a photo album or make a fun video to share with your family and friends on social media. You will be glad you did. Puppies, like children grow so fast and you don’t want to miss a minute of it!
Fun Facts About Dogs (chiff.com)
• Dog noseprints are as distinctive as human fingerprints. No two are exactly alike and can be used to identify them.
• Stressed? Petting a dog is scientifically proven to lower blood pressure. Walking your dog has lots of health benefits, as well.
• The most popular male dog names are Max and Buddy. The most popular female dog names are Bella and Molly.
Happy National Puppy Day!
Please be sure to subscribe with your email address to receive each new daily/weekly posts directly into your inbox… And don’t forget to Like our Facebook page, and click Share because ~ ‘There’s always a reason to celebrate with ‘iHolidays!’